Sunday, August 24, 2008

Projects...

Ah... it's that time of year again. The time where I have severely overestimated the time I have left before "Halloween". The countdown says 67 days until Halloween... but I forget about the part where I start setting up about three weeks before Halloween. So subtract about 21 days from that number. My list of things that I have left to do isn't too bad, just time consuming. Here's a little sample...

*Finish building and painting at least five more groundbreakers.
*Re-paint old graveyard fence columns from last year to "darken" them up a little.
*Re-paint three mudman props from last year to make them a little better looking.
*Finish a few more flickering lanterns.
*Make a new sign for my scarecrow.
*Make a new head for my scarecrow.
*Make things to hang on the windows to make them look boarded up.
*Make a couple more Bucky corpses. (Don't know if that will happen this year)
*Put new pneumatics in my "shaking coffin".
*Put a pneumatic lid opener on another coffin.
*Make a couple of other signs, one with my theme name, one to hang at the top of the road.
*Finish engraving and then paint 20 new tombstones that I have for the graveyard.
*Finish my "Apparition" prop.
*Hope that my pumpkin plants start producing some pumpkins... I have some nice looking vines, but no pumpkins yet.

Well, that's most of it at least. Halloween will be here before I know it.

4 comments:

Tisha Leigh said...

Yessss, Halloween is indeed well on its way, my friend! I am seeing more and more signs of it. (Don't ya just love that?!) Sounds like you're gonna have another cool haunt this year. I can't wait to see the pics! Don't fret-- all that hard work will be well worth it when everyone oohs and ahhs over how great it looks! :)

bean said...

Upcoming trip? Family vacation? I'm envious. I love trips.

Looks like you need about another 10 hours in each day. That's alot of stuff to get done!

Grim said...

Another 10 hours would be nice! We are going to Williamsburg, VA for our yearly tradition of attending the Busch Gardens "Howl O' Scream". We've been for about the past 6 or 7 years, and even though I'm always motivated about Halloween, that trip really gets me motivated. It'll be just me and Andi so it will be a nice break from the kids too! (Although I kind of feel bad about not taking my 8 year old) :(

suzanne said...

Wow! That's quite a list - hope you have some vacation time coming up! Good luck with your projects. Love your blog!