Monday, October 27, 2008

Column Pop Up

I used this last year but didn't take any pictures of it. The top of one of my fence columns is hinged with an air cylinder attached that lets it pop open as people walk by. It is controlled by a switch board that I use to control three other pneumatic props that I have. I think my favorite thing about this prop is that when the lid is going back down, it makes a long creaking sound, much like you might think a big door would sound in a haunted house. The lid takes a couple of seconds to close, which I think is perfect. It doesn't make any other noise other than the hissing sound from the air line, and it is simply a skull with a green light shining on it.

3 comments:

"Bones" said...

This pop-up looks great! I'd love to see a video of it in action.

Grim said...

I should have a video up tomorrow.

Tisha Leigh said...

I so love pneumatic props. Awesome. I would have visited your place more than once just to take it all in.